Featured at Collaborate 16: “Ready. Set. Cloud! Migrating from On Premise to PBCS”
Deanna Sunde, an Oracle ACE Associate, recently presented this session at Collaborate 16 in Las Vegas. Join her for this virtual event and see how her client migrated from on premise Hyperion Planning to Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS).
Deanna shares how the project started with a clean-up effort so objects, such as forms and reports, could be rationalized and only the appropriate objects migrated and tested on PBCS. Deanna discusses how the company migrated from 9.3 to 126.96.36.199 on a lab environment and then to PBCS using LCM. Additionally, she features how the ODI interfaces were updated and Business Rules were migrated to Calculation Manager. Hear tips and tricks for migrating to PBCS and how the build, training, and roll-out for this project was completed in 8 weeks.
Plus, Deanna shares:
- Pain points that led the client to choose to migrate to PBCS
- Benefits of migrating to PBCS
- How to migrate from any version of on premise to PBCS
- How to migrate business rules to calculation manager, including work arounds for lost and changed functionality
- Metadata and data integration options