Collaborate 18 offers user training and networking for On-Prem EPM/Hyperion and Cloud EPM/Hyperion. We are proud to have been selected to present 6 conference sessions at the Oracle Applications Users Group Forum!
Join Scott Costello, Director of EPM Cloud at Key Performance Ideas, at his session Why Your Budgeting Practice Is Killing Your Bottom Line to be held on April 25, 2018 at 11:00 AM–12:00 PM in South Seas A.
You just spent hundreds of hours running the annual budget process. It was painful. But, if you aren’t using the right budgeting models, the rest of the year could be worse- you will not be able to understand why expense levels are where they are and you won’t feel comfortable making decisions based on interim cost information in the middle of the plan year. This session will review the four budgeting models – Predictive Planning, Rolling Forecast-Based Budgeting, Driver-Based Budgeting, and Zero-Based Budgeting. Scott will showcase:
- Which practice best based on business unit cost structure, product complexity, and market volatility
- Which technique works best across different businesses and functions, on premise or cloud
- How to improve organization’s intelligence regarding costs to improve spending decisions
- How to understand cost relationship and make impartial mid-year resource allocation decisions
- How to provide continuous visibility at the corporate center into current cost information